Year joined DJM: 2014
Qualifications: As a member of The Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (F.C.I.L.E.X.) for over 14 years, Stephen has been qualified as a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives for 12 years and is committed to his continuing personal development by attending training courses and seminars that are applicable to his role – regularly reading legal journals and articles to keep abreast of current developments within his area of expertise, enhancing competence in his role and providing sound advice to clients.
Specialist area: Stephen is highly motivated, ambitious and hardworking individual with a positive and flexible approach to work with a great desire to succeed. He has great communication, organisational and research skills – with a logical approach to problem solving and exercising sound judgment in making appropriate decisions.
Stephen has spent the majority of his career working in Debt Recovery, and with well over a decade of experience of practicing in this field, specialising in Civil Litigation and worked at three of the region’s leading private sector law firms. Stephen has acted for organisations such as Financial Institutions and Insolvency Practitioners, in secured and unsecured lending; Local Government Bodies; Local Councils; Private Schools; Fashion Houses; National Utility Companies, a Nationwide Car Rental Company; Local Businesses and also private client’s.
Stephen has extensive experience in all aspects of Debt Recovery including: –
- Preparation of Letters Before Claim;
- Issue of County Court Proceedings;
- Requesting Judgment;
- Advising client’s on the most appropriate enforcement action to take having considered the merits of each case on an individual basis;
- Enforcement of Judgment (in Default): Orders to Obtain Information; High Court Enforcement Officer; Warrant of Execution (County Court Bailiff); Attachment of Earnings Order; Third Party Debt Orders; Charging Orders; Order for Sale;
- Dealing with Defended cases when allocated to the Small Claims Track; Preparation of the Witness Statement on behalf of the client and briefing Counsel;
- Advocacy at Court Hearings including: Repossessions, Applications to set Aside Judgment, Final Charging Orders and Bankruptcy
- Providing Financial Management Information Reports to clients on a monthly basis;
- Quarterly Review Meetings at clients’ Head Offices to ensure the smooth running of caseload continues and discussing new work ethics;
- Providing Training to the clients’ needs as and when required ;
- Dealing with Mortgage Repossession cases for a variety of blue-chip clients;
- Incorporating all aspects pursuant and incidental to Personal/Individual Insolvency.
Interests: Captaining a 5-a-side Football Team, competing in a local League for the last 23 years and an avid Swansea City Football Club Supporter/Season Ticket Holder.
Enjoy long distance running for fun, and in the process raising money for various charities competing in events all over the country to enjoy this pursuit.
Generally involved with any sport based or thrilling activities. Socialising with close family and friends.